Thursday 10 November 2016

DIY Video | Updated Oil Mix for Hair, Scalp and Skin


The cold is definitely setting in, and it didn't leave it's miserable, bitterness behind.  Why couldn't it have a better personality like Spring or Summer, instead of being so harsh on our bodies, especially to our skin and hair?  This oil mix is perfect to counter its effects!


As I mentioned in 5 Practices for Healthy Hair Care in Cooler Weather, I will be using oils more in my hair care routine and regimen.  To ensure that I do not default when wash day comes around, I figured having an oil mix on hand, ready to go at a moments notice would prevent me from making wash day a challenge.  I decided to re-create my Secret to Achieving Soft, Strong, Shiny Hair oil mix since I drained the bottle a couple months ago.  This time around I'm making a larger batch because I plan to use it more extensively, both in my hair care and skin care -this cold air will not have me walking around looking like there's a soufriere on this island.  I also now have a few more oils that I since acquired, and  have been using independently with much success, that I added to this oil mix.  The mix is now closer in ingredients to the original from which I adapted it, however, the formula suits my hair likes and needs, and my personal preferences.  
Remember, always adjust DIYs etc to suit you.

I've listed the oils used and quantities ie the Recipe for you below.

_____________________________________________________________________________
The VIDEO
....................................................................................................................................................................................

DIY Updated Oil Mix - for Hair, Scalp & Skin

2.5oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1oz Jojoba Oil
1oz Castor Oil
1oz Sweet Almond Oil
1.5oz Avocado Oil
1oz Argan Oil
0.25oz Vitamin E Oil
0.25oz fragrant essential oil mix (essential oil of choice)


Total = 8oz

Do you use oils in your hair care more when the temps drop?

~ Josie Jo ~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments, questions and feedback, as do the TNT community. They're are welcome and truly appreciated!