Wednesday 3 February 2016

Recipe | Creamy Post Workout Hair Dream - A Double Duty Green Smoothie

This incredibly delicious smoothie I concocted works double duty.

I started making green smoothies last year back in October (see post here), when I accepted a 30 day challenge online by Simple Green Smoothies on Instagram.  Since then I've been keeping up the practice of making green smoothies.  The challenge was again presented this month - January 2016 - for another 30 days, and again I accepted.
You might be thinking, 'why accept the same challenge?' 
Well, because it kept me engaged.  There were new recipes provided.  AND it builds a habit.  
I'm not up to actually having a green smoothie EVERYday, but just having introduced green smoothies to my diet is an improvement, and I would like to get to having 1 everyday.  Hence, I'm still being challenged.

I also accepted a Hair Challenge a while back as well (see post here), which has a juicing component.  I had been familiar with juicing from a few years ago, but no longer have access to a juicer, and so I decided to have juicing ingredients meet smoothie - hey there, hello!

That's how this Double Duty Green Smoothie was born!  The ingredients serve to promote both a healthy body (supporting my current goals and nutrition requirements), and healthy hair.
And is DELICIOUS!
But, don't take my word for it, try it yourself.

Here's the recipe

Creamy Post Workout Hair Dream

1 Serving
1cup Spinach
1/2cup (Probiotic) Yogurt
1/2 Banana
1/2cup Mixed Berries (frozen)
1Tbsp Peanut Butter
1Tbsp Wheat Germ

Rinse spinach as necessary.
Add spinach and yogurt to blender and liquify (until there are no pieces of spinach)
Add other ingredients, one by one (depending on power of your blender)
Blend until you have a smooth consistency.
ENJOY!

*This smoothie is also a great mid-morning or mid-afternoon pick me up energy boosting snack*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BONUS
a few benefits of the ingredients
use any or all of these ingredients when you feel for a blender creation of your own


~ Josie Jo ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments, questions and feedback, as do the TNT community. They're are welcome and truly appreciated!