Thursday 31 December 2015

Fitness | 2016 Goals


Only 2 more days left in the year❗😱 With end of year festivities and all the excitement of the season, it's easy to let our routines go...you know, especially those healthy ones🙆.  First, we can't find time to workout, and don't even mention all the holiday parties and great food, so there goes our healthy eating & balanced diets.🍍🍌🌱  I really try to maintain, and stay on top of it all year long!  So as this year comes to an end, I'm already looking towards the next, which is fast approaching, and reiterating my Healthy Lifestyle Goals


Throughout this year I've been successful with the help of FREE online challenges, courses and classes, provided by DoYouYoga and my introduction to the yoga world, YogaDownload.com.  It's A Lifestyle after all, so through holidays and vacations, nothing gets in my way.  That's the most major benefit of online resources: No matter where you are, you have access and there's no excuse to prevent you from maintaining your fitness and workout routines, and achieving your Healthy Lifestyle Goals.  

I'm currently ramping up my routines, as you may have caught when I mentioned on Facebook a few times earlier this month, in preparation for the New Year.  And super early in the New Year is Carnival.  YUP!  Have you ever been to  Trinidad Carnival??  Well if you haven't, lemme tell you, it's not for the weak; it's not a sprint, its a marathon; Stamina and Endurance levels need to be on a high! If you have been, then you already know.
So, in this last week of the year I've been incrementally increasing the intensity of my mat sequences, with the help of YogaDownload.com, to get me back in full pump mode. 

I did this short flow today and took my practice outside to really reap ALL the benefits.🌴🌞💦🙏
The soundtrack to this video is a new 2016 Soca. I'm slowly working my playlist up as well.🎶🔊




Of course I will maintain my presence on my mat.  However, some of my more intense routines will take me off my mat, as they did this year as well.  Again, I looked to FREE resources to support and facilitate my habit.  Through 2015 I used an app called Virtuagym Fitness Home & Gym, which provided customized routines after answering a few questions and selecting my own preferences.  This was a great app!  In addition to the app there was also a linked website account that provided support.  I used it until, due to my own restrictions (lack of equipment and machines) I was longer able to.  

A new app has come to my attention thanks to one of the many 'grammers I follow.  I will be using this new app starting January 1st to kick off my New Year routine and also, more importantly to get me Carnival Ready.  Yes, even after my consistency through the year, I do believe I need more in order to consider myself near ready for the Greatest Festival on Earth (hey, I didn't call it that, do a search).

What's this new app you ask?

The Nike+ Training Club App (website)

The app has workouts designed by Master Trainers and led by Pro Athletes with tips and support from your friends in a Sport Feed.  Speaking of friends, you can connect with all your friends who also use the app on the app.  You'll have your very own workout crew, train together and keep each other motivated. We can add each other, find me by username: "josie jo"

Actually, just check out the short video to learn all about it.


I'll be opting to follow their GET TONED program on the Intermediate level with 2-3 workouts a week.
If you've set Fitness Goals and you're interested in kicking them off at the beginning of the new year, or incorporating new routines to your existing workouts, download the Nike+ TC App on Android, iOS or go to their website).

Note! 

This isn't one of those 'resolutions' that you forget once the fireworks are over.  
This is a Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely GOAL.  
Time = the rest of your life.  
This a step towards a Healthier Lifestyle

The app is accessible worldwide🌏🌍🌎, so it doesn't matter where in the world you are...
LET's DO THIS!
🙌💪🙌

~ Josie Jo ~
Comment if you're interested.  
Share with your friends and let them know to join in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments, questions and feedback, as do the TNT community. They're are welcome and truly appreciated!