Sunday 3 April 2016

Quench Your Thirsty Hair | Jane Carter Solutions Hydrate Quench REVIEW

Ever bought a product just because
(yes, I know you have, but keep reading)

...and then it was there for you in the clutch when you least expected it?!

This is one such product.  

I purchased this delightful bottle way back in November (ok, not so way back) and never touched it until I installed my Senegalese Twists.

PREAMBLE
I had been wearing my protective style for a couple weeks at home where I had them installed, before returning to Bermuda.  I had a mixed up a lovely concoction from natural ingredients while home to use for daily moisture.  However, when I returned, as a result of airline restrictions, unfortunately, it didn't make the carry-on list.

After a few days back and keeping my hair wrapped up (Read more on Protecting your hair in Caring for Your Protective Style) - isn't that just life though, unless you're leaving the house, the scarf stays on - my scalp started talking to me, and it wasn't using really nice words.  A wash was definitely in order.  I knew however, that once washed, I would need to replenish my hair with much needed moisture.  

I had none of the natural ingredients I used to create my initial moisturizing spray on hand, and found myself frantically looking through my commercial products to quickly find something that was lightweight, promised moisture, and added strength, that my hair would have desperately needed once washed in the Senegalese Twists.

Then it was like a light shined on the bottle, tucked away behind some oils along the side...or maybe it was the yellow flower on the label?

...........................................................................................................................................................................

Jane Carter Solutions: Hydrate Quench with Rosemary & Sage

ACQUISITION
Strolling through the aisles at Target one lazy afternoon, thinking I had more time than I actually did (is it just me, or does it seem like Target is a time trap?), I spotted one of those little 'SALE' tabs stuck to the Jane Carter shelf.  I knew of Jane Carter and heard great things about the products, but never used any myself.  I picked up a couple items read the labels and promises, and put them all back.  Honestly, I already had enough things I did NOT go in to Target for in my cart.  There was something about Quench however, that made me take a second look.  And then I started thinking of when I could use it... none of the scenarios were in the next month mind you -  but I figured for the price, it could hang around in my cupboard a few weeks before there was a time to use it....and that it did.

FACTS

Purchase Price:  $8.99 (Target, on sale)
Size: 8oz
Description 
Daily hydrator restores and seals in moisture, reactivates curls & detangles
Ideal for daily use, this water-based leave in conditioner, made with Soy Protein and panthenol strengthens hair and adds moisture.
  • Great style refresher, tames frizz, puts bounce back into curls
  • Can be used as a de-tangler and heat protector when flat ironing or blow-drying
Ingredients 
Water (Aqua), Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Soy Protein (Hydrolyzed Soy Protein), Panthenol, Polyquaternium 11, Lawsonia Inermis (Henna) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Fragrance, Phenoxethanol.
*Highlighted area indicates ingredients listed on the front label of items, which imply these ingredients form the base of the product and are the main working ingredients.

USE

For the last month (March) I've been religiously reaching for this spray to provide moisture and true hydration to my hair while it's been locked up in Senegalese Twists. I have used it almost daily since having in this protective style. (Read more on Caring for Your Protective Style)


REVIEW
As mentioned, I purchased this product on sale, however, it was only $1 cheaper than the regular price - but hey, I saved a dollar.  For the size, and quality of the product - there's only 1 filler ingredient, which is the fragrance, and is that really a filler? - it's definitely worth the actual price.

Speaking about fragrance.  It has a light and delightful smell.  It reminds me of a field, not grassy, but refreshing...like Spring - what does Spring smell like anyway? HAHA.

It is an opaque liquid, as fluid as water - which is the first ingredient, so makes sense - therefore it sprays easily.  Don't think about pouring it out, because then its actually just like water.

About the spray mechanism.  I totally love it.  One pump gets wide coverage - 4 pumps covered my entire head, in terms of dispersion.  After a month of almost daily use I'm not quite 1/2 way through the bottle.

RESULTS
It provided needed moisture and hydration, and is also very lightweight and did not cause any build-up.  It has been amazing for my hair while in Senegalese Twists! 
............................................................................................................................................................................

FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS
Having used this for a month while wearing a protective style with great results, I'm looking forward to using it directly on my hair when I remove the PS.  Once my naked hair loves it as much as I think it would, I can see myself repurchasing for regular use.  Having this on hand I may never DIY a moisturizing spray again - we'll see.
I definitely recommend using this if you have a loose protective style in (braids, marley twists, Senegalese twists, faux locs etc).  I don't have experience with weaves, but conceptually, I think it would be as effective.

CONCLUSION
A quality product that delivers - hydrates, moisturizes, strengthens.  My thick, coarse, dense, typically dry hair responded very well to it.  And I think yours will too.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOV'eeT!!

~ Josie Jo ~
Are you a Jane Carter fan? Have you used Hydrate Quench?
...loved it, or left it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments, questions and feedback, as do the TNT community. They're are welcome and truly appreciated!