Monday 23 May 2016

Healthy 5 Ingredient (No-Bake) Granola Bars via Minimalist Baker | Recipe

Snack Attack!
Healthy 5 Ingredient (No-Bake) Granola Bars via Minimalist Baker
We all snack, and if you don't you really should start snacking.
But what do you reach for when you do?

Recently, I shared the recipe for one of my favourite snacks lately, Roasted Garlic Hummus.  This homemade version is quick, simple, and so delicious I may never revert to commercially prepared hummus.  I've been relying on hummus a lot through the Eat & Move Series as a healthy, high protein addition to my diet to support my fitness goals.
Healthy 5 Ingredient (No-Bake) Granola Bars via Minimalist Baker
Much like hummus, I've also been depending greatly on Granola Bars as a quick snack as well.  Actually, it trumps hummus as its also easily portable, hello grab and go!  
Commercial granola bars are tricky little things though, because they should be healthy for you, and in theory they are.  They contain oats, some may have different nuts, fruits, dark chocolate, peanut butter → all healthy foods on their own.  But, they also tend to be super high in sugar, and not the good kind!  So I got to thinking "I could make a healthy granola bar", after all, there are only a million recipes online for them.  So I gave it a try.  I scoured Pinterest - where else - and settled on a super easy recipe by the Minimalist Baker - who by the way has some incredibly delicious looking recipes I would definitely be trying out, I even already pinned a few▼Have you tried any of these?  Do share in the comments!
▲Minimalist Baker Pinned Recipes to try!
Just as the hummus recipe I adapted, I was only missing 1 ingredient to complete this granola bar recipe. Luckily, it wasn't a 'specialty item' like the hummus ingredient, or I don't think it is was there were quite a few options on hand at my regular store.  Other than that, the 4 remaining ingredients - that's right this granola recipe only has 5 ingredients - were sitting in my pantry waiting on their calling.

Toast Silvered Almonds and Oats for added flavour in Homemade Granola
I used Silvered Almonds and toasted them with the Oats
These no-bake granola bars couldn't have been easier to make, taking just over half an hour (excluding picture time and snapchatting - lol).
Healthy 5 Ingredient (No-Bake) Granola Bars via Minimalist Baker

They also were not deceptive with their looks, as they truly are just as delicious. They have all the taste and none of the guilt too. The Dates and Honey are natural sweeteners (though, honey should be used in moderation), so as a snack you avoid that sugar crash.  The Oats are are heart healthy, boosts hair growth, and are full of fiber that keep you fuller longer, if you choose them as breakfast bars.  The Almonds and Peanut butter provide protein and healthy fats, just what you need pre/post workout.
These bars have got you covered.  And they can be customized with simple swaps or additions to your personal preferences, taste, and liking.

_____________________________________________________________________________
Check out the full recipe here from Minimalist Baker▼ You're gonna want to make these!
Healthy 5 Ingredient Granola Bars!
Image Source: Minimalist Baker | Healthy 5-Ingredient Granola Bars
~ Josie Jo ~
Do you have a Granola Recipe?
Share it in the comments, I'd love to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments, questions and feedback, as do the TNT community. They're are welcome and truly appreciated!