Wednesday 18 May 2016

The Style with a Double Life | 2 Week Old Flat Twist ↔ Voluminous Twist Out

2 Week Old Flat Twist ↔ Voluminous Twist OutTwist Out on Short (TWA) Natural Hair | the result of a 2 week old Flat Twist 'protective' style.
Twist Out on Short (TWA) Natural Hair | the result of a 2 week old Flat Twist 'protective' style.
I figured this style qualifies for Week 3 of the May #WashDayExperiences Voluminous Curls theme.
The Style with a Double Life | Twist Out on Short (TWA) Natural Hair
Technically I didn't create voluminous curls (or curls of any kind really) but it is lotsa volume! I also didn't specifically create this style following a wash day, as it is the evolution of the flat twists I installed in the first week's theme 'summer hair prep'.  So, does it really qualify?  I know what it does, is provide all style with none of the time!  I didn't spend 2+ hours washing my hair.  I didn't spend 3+ hours styling it.  And yet, I have this! It's like a miracle!  Ok, not really a miracle because I did spend all that time 2 weeks ago, but that was creating a flat twist.  This just took me roughly 15 minutes.

2 Week Old Flat Twist ↔ Voluminous Twist Out
I shared how I created the flat twists in Summer Hair Prep Styling having been inspired by a fellow blogger - Ebony | Longing 4 Length.  I was also motivated to share the style by the May #WashDayExperiences Themes presented by Jen | Just Grow Already and KLP | Saving Our Strands.  It's like the natural hair universe was sending us all the same vibes as I hadn't even seen the themes prior to my wash day.
2 Week Old Flat Twist ↔ Voluminous Twist Out
To achieve this here Twist Out, I oiled my hands and fingers with my DIY Oil Mix (Interested in the recipe? Leave me a comment below) and carefully untwisted each flat twist from the end through to the top.  
The Style with a Double Life | 2 Week Old Flat Twist ↔ Voluminous Twist Out
Due to the direction of the flat twists I didn't have to 'shape' my twist out - Thanks Ebony! As I followed Ebony's styling process...and here we are.

2 Week Old Flat Twist ↔ Voluminous Twist Out
I totally skipped last week's theme of Hair Color & Care as I didn't have a wash day, being as these flat twists were in 2 weeks.  However, I ensured to maintain great hair care practices while the flat twists were in.  Every other day, I spritz with diluted leave-in conditioner and applied my oil mix along the flat twists and massaged into the parts.  This was to infuse hydration and ensure moisture retention.  Massaging my scalp also helped stimulate the hair follicles, and keep the sebaceous glands active - you know?  Because I'm not combing my hair regularly while this style is in, I don't want them to forget their role...or something, haha.  Also, whenever I wasn't out, my hair was safely secured under my scarf.  Hmm, so Week 2 - Check?
The Style with a Double Life | 2 Week Old Flat Twist ↔ Voluminous Twist Out
This Twist Out has got me so amped for Summer, you don't even know.   I'm ready for carefree hair days!  And don't talk about big hair, I can already see it... in the distance - but, eye on the prize!

You can join #WashDayExperiences and share your own, follow along, and learn so much from all the participants.
The Wash Day Experience

~ Josie Jo ~

Got Twist Out Tips?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments, questions and feedback, as do the TNT community. They're are welcome and truly appreciated!