Sunday 17 July 2016

Sea Glass Beach | I Live Where I Vacation

 Are discovering secret beaches with hidden treasures your idea of a perfect vacation?  Then Glass Beaches are for you.


This particular beach is no more than 10 minutes away from where I live by bus, and I never knew of it's existence in the 2 years I've lived here in Bermuda.  It's literally around the corner.  I could try to say it's in the opposite direction from my regular travel route, which is why I was not aware.  But really, not knowing of it all this time?  I should be ashamed!

It is securely tucked away from visibility and off the beaten path.  If you ever find yourself in search of it, it's on the western end of the island just off Middle Road in Sandys parish, near Black Beach and across from a cemetery.  If I were more precise I'd be giving coordinates.

When you find it, descend the creatively glass adorned staircase and prepare to be enthralled.  At your feet will be pathway leading to a pier on either side of which is the smooth glass covered shore.  Yes, the entire shore!  And every colour glass you can imagine, the suns rays bouncing off each one uniquely.  Your eyes will be mesmerized.

Thanks to an IG post I came in the know of this little gem.  My pictures don't nearly do it justice, and my phone actually died before the photo-take-outer in me started 'seeing' ideas for 'great shots'  
However, I couldn't keep it to myself and had to share this gem with you.

Sometimes you just need to go in a different direction to what you're accustomed to or familiar with to find the hidden treasures where you live.  

Do you know what's hidden around your corner?

~ Josie Jo ~

       

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments, questions and feedback, as do the TNT community. They're are welcome and truly appreciated!