Thursday 15 December 2016

Eat & Move Series | November Review

Eat & Move Series 2016 | November Review | This Natural Thing
My has this year flown! And it would seem these last 2 weeks have gone by faster than ever, sparing me no time to catch you up with the Monthly Goal Review as has become customary in the first week of the new month.  How is it already mid-month?!
Maybe I was stalling to share the progress (or lack thereof) made last month towards the goal of focus, which was Increasing Body Mass once again.


November Mini Goal
Eat & Move Series 2016 | November Goal Review | This Natural Thing

Quick Recap
You may recall back in July was the first time I turned my attention to Body Mass as a focus of health and used the Body Mass Index as the measurement of choice.  Particularly this specific calculator as it was consistent with my approach to achieving my health goals in this Eat & Move Series.
This BMI value, a measure of healthy weight also takes 5 other values into consideration: actual weight, height, level of activity, gender and age (another calculator may use different values).
I returned to it in November as I found it to be comprehensive measure and overall gauge of my progress and status.

End of July 2016




My BMI

17.5
YOU

UnderweightHealthyOverweightObese

On the fist go-around my BMI increased by 0.5, which may not seem like a lot, but let me remind you, slow but steady wins the race.  So this was a success.  The next check in was 4 months later, at the beginning of November and there was another 0.5 increase.  With that period of time, I would admit I was hoping for a bigger increment, but I was still happy that progress had been made.

Beginning November 2016




My BMI

17.6
YOU


UnderweightHealthyOverweightObese
Now that we're all caught up, I have some bad news.  It would appear I hopped off the train before my stop.

Results

December 2016
GOAL MEASUREMENT | PROGRESS | SUCCESS

MEASUREMENT





BMI Calculator

& Healthy Weight Plan

    

  • Your BMI
  • Your Waist-to-Height Ratio
  • Your Food & Exercise Tips

Result

YOUR BMI

15.8
YOU
To reach a healthy BMI, your weight should be

115 - 154
A few more pounds can lessen your chances of thinning bones and a weakened immune system, as well as feeling tired. Women who are underweight may have irregular periods or stop having them altogether. Underweight men may have lower sperm counts.
The healthy range for BMI is between 18.5 and 24.9.
WHY IT MATTERS
A healthy weight is part of living well. It can help you avoid heart problems, diabetes, arthritis, sleep apnea, and even some cancers.
You'll also need to take into account other things such as body fat and your family's health history. Check in with your doctor regularly to make sure you're staying on track.

Your BMI alone doesn't give you the whole picture.

*The site apparently underwent an update over the last few weeks, so the presentation and aesthetics appear different.  However, this is the same reference used through the Eat & Move Series for July Mini Goals, calculations, and reviews.

PROGRESS
None!
I've experienced a sharp decline in BMI value.  There are a number of reasons I can list off leading to this result, but they all have one underlying factor. I must own up to my lack of discipline.  I confess that over the course of the month I lost focus and broke routine.  This in anybody else's case may have garnered the completely opposite result, but as you see, my case is unique - and I know there are a few of you out there that share my struggle.

SUCCESS
Negative!
I would have really liked to pull the horn coming into the station with this one.  With full steam closing out the year, but unfortunately I didn't even make it to the stop.
.......................................................................................................................................................................................
They can't all be successes right?  Because if they were, what would be left to work on?  hahaha.
That being said I'll continue on this journey, with dedication and focus in this area particularly.  Mass will not escape me!

Stay Tuned for the full Eat & Move Series 
1 Year Review in January 2017!

~ Josie Jo ~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments, questions and feedback, as do the TNT community. They're are welcome and truly appreciated!