Wednesday 30 November 2016

Eat & Move Series | December Goal


Eat & Move Series 2016 | December Goal
Oh December!! How I've awaited you with bated breath.
I love December! It's the best month of year, after all, it's the month of Christmas!! ...and, shhh...my birthday! WooHoo!  But most of all, I love this December because it's the last month of the Eat & Move Series, for this year - the verdict is out on whether it will resume in 2017 - Let me know if you'd like to see it return in the comments.

I've come to many realizations along this health journey, in terms of how I control my health.  I definitely didn't come into the series thinking it would have been such a roller coaster ride, but, I suppose, that was half the fun.  I'll tell you all about it in the full recap when the 2016 Eat & Move Series is complete.

Today, I'm introducing the December mini goal which I've been waiting on with bated breath... except, it's not the goal I've been waiting on...and if you recall from the original mini goal reveal and have been waiting too, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but Dessert is not on the menu.

December Mini Goal

Eat & Move Series 2016 | December Goal | This NATURAL Thing

Yup! Here we go again.  Nutrition - Part III.
You may be totally fed up of reading about my struggles with nutrition, and I hear you, I'm tired of documenting them.  However, they're part of the journey.  And if the experience only brings me at the end to realize I've been beating a dead horse, well so be it, but for now, the horse is alive and kicking, and coming in strong to the finish line...I hope.

That being said, there really isn't much more I can say about nutrition that I haven't already covered in AprilJune, August, and October when I revealed my various strategies to make it to the derby.  But for the sake of repetition - the way most of us learn - I'll include some noteworthy points

  • A nourished body is needed for a healthy immune system to be able to fight illness
  • A healthy diet should be based around Quality Proteins, Complex Carbohydrates, and Healthy Fats
  • Don't skip breakfast - Breakfast marks the end of a 6-9 hour fast during sleep where your body has not received any nourishment (5 Breakfast Benefits)
  • Always remember that what you eat is more important than how much - Quality over Quantity
  • Lunch is important too! 3 Reasons Not to Skip Lunch
  • Eating a balanced diet means getting all the nutrients you need so that you feel good all day

Since I actually saw some traction with the approach I used in October, as they say, if it ain't broke... So here's how I plan to, once and for all, realize my goal of Nutrition

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GOAL MEASUREMENT | PROGRESS | SUCCESS

MEASUREMENT
Monitor daily consumed food groups to aid the process as necessary, specific foods need not be documented.

PROGRESS
For a full week, pay attention to the food groups and quantities of each consumed daily.  Adjust to meet the suggested requirements as needed.  

SUCCESS
Covering quantities of all food groups
Partaking in conscious eating throughout the day
Feeling satisfied after meals and throughout the day
Being fueled throughout workouts
No lingering soreness 
Appropriate recovery times
______________________________________________________________________________


Have you conquered your nutrition goals, 
or are you taking this last run with me?

~ Josie Jo ~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments, questions and feedback, as do the TNT community. They're are welcome and truly appreciated!