Wednesday 23 September 2015

Power Up!! - DYY 14 Day Power Yoga Challenge: Week 1 Re-Cap



Lately, I've been practicing yoga almost everyday.  For about the last 2 months, I've been meeting myself on my mat for 5-6 days each week.
I use various online sources to supply my classes each day.  Do You Yoga has been one of those sources.  I have done 2 challenges with them previously, which makes this Power Yoga Challenge is my third.  (Here's my previous post with their teaser video: Do You Yoga 14 Day Power Yoga Challenge) And yes, these are all FREE challenges.

Power Yoga is not easy!  Let me take a step back, firstly, what is Power Yoga?

Power Yoga
According to About Health and Do You Yoga, it is a vigorous, fitness-based approach to Vinyasa-style yoga.  The poses are a more active approach to traditional Hatha Yoga poses. Originally closely modeled on the Ashtanga method, but unlike Ashtanga, Power Yoga does not follow a single series of poses, is performed quickly, and places emphasis on strength and flexibility, with added core and upper body work.

Now that we have a general understanding of what Power Yoga is, let me continue...it is NOT easy.  I am without a doubt certain, this is why the classes presented in the challenge do not exceed 10 minutes each.  And because it is designed for all levels of practice.  Believe me however, in those 10 minutes, you definitely get a full workout.  I have found myself dripping with sweat by the end of the class, confused as to whether I had completed a full 1 hour aerobics class.  Needless to say, at the end you feel energized, pumped, and stronger each and every day!  If this is the only sequence I complete for the day, I feel perfectly content that I have fully worked out.  But rarely do I ever stop there, I'm also simultaneously completing a 3 week Upper Body Strength Journey Series on My Yoga Works (follow link if you're interested)

Here are a few short clips from the first week of the challenge.





At this time I do not maintain a VLog so these abbreviated and condensed videos are all I have to share.  I'm also just figuring out editing, can you tell?

Note: I am not a yoga teacher and so I follow online classes.  I invite you to join this 14 Day Power Yoga Challenge presented by Do You Yoga and follow along with the classes provided if you're interested (which, by the way, you can start/do at any time because the videos remain open [as far as I'm aware]).
You can connect with them through their Website, Instagram, Google+, and YouTube.

*Do You Yoga did not provide any stimulus for this Blog Post.  As a matter of fact they are more than likely not aware that I am here singing of their excellent services.  I am just a person who enjoys their online presence, and most of all free classes.


~ Josie Jo ~

Do You Yoga?? 
(pun intended *snickers*)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments, questions and feedback, as do the TNT community. They're are welcome and truly appreciated!