Friday 22 January 2016

5 Reasons you NEED Apple Cider Vinegar in your Hair Regimen

I prefer using natural and organic ingredients in my hair care as much as possible.  Matter of fact, this extends into my life.  This shouldn't come as a surprise though, I am after all, on a Natural Journey, so this would be consistent with a Natural Lifestyle....right!?
Apple Cider Vinegar is one of those LIFESTYLE natural ingredients

I know you know what's up, so it's safe to assume you already have a bottle in your kitchen, right?!
Wait?
You DON'T!!??!
I'm gonna wait right here for you to go out and get it...you got time...
Back? Okay, I'll continue.
You may have caught, in one of my recent posts that I created a mixture used to clarify my hair during the shampoo process of my wash day, hence I called it a Clarifying Shampoo.  In creating that 'clarifying shampoo' I added Apple Cider Vinegar.

Here are some amazing Hair...and Scalp Health Benefits you may (or not) be aware of this natural product.

Apple Cider Vinegar

  1. acidity is close to that of natural hair
    hair is on the mildly acidic side of the pH scale and has an ideal pH of 4.5 to 5.5
    ACV helps  balance the pH of your hair without stripping the hair of natural oils
  2. good conditioner and cleaning agent
    removes the buildup that can result from the use of styling products
    revitalizes hair
  3. anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-fungal properties
    effective germ killer
    acids and enzymes in ACV kill the "bottle bacillus", a bacteria that is one of the causes for many scalp and hair conditions such as dandruff, itchy scalp, hair loss and often baldness
  4. a natural detangler
    closes the cuticle of the hair. leaving it soft and smooth - makes light reflect off of it (making it appear shiny) 
  5. unclogs hair follicles
    cleanses the scalp, increases circulation, strengthens the hair follicles and promotes healthy hair growth
So in a nutshell, it promotes an environment for hair growth and smooth, shiny hair

These are just a few of the reasons I chose to include it in my Invigorating Clarifying Shampoo.

In case you missed it, I posted the recipe a little while ago in DIY | Invigorating Clarifying Shampoo, feel free to check it out.

Give the recipe a try, and let me know when you do! 
I'd love to know your thoughts and results


~ Josie Jo ~

Do You Use Apple Cider Vinegar for your Hair (& Scalp)?
Please share! I enjoy learning new ways to incorporate great natural products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments, questions and feedback, as do the TNT community. They're are welcome and truly appreciated!