Wednesday 20 January 2016

DIY | Invigorating Clarifying Shampoo

You may have caught that I created a mixture used to clarify my hair during my last shampoo process, hence I called it a Clarifying Shampoo, in the First Wash of the Year post recently.
Keep reading for the full recipe, using all natural ingredients with endless hair health and scalp benefits!

There are so many natural products (ingredients) that have great hair health benefits.  It baffles me sometimes when on turning around a product, I see so many 'non' natural and un-pronounceable ingredients listed.  This is the main reason I choose and try to DIY my products.  It makes me feel better knowing all of what is in my products,  its better for my HAIR (skin, body), AND the environment. And its cheaper!

A little background info...

I usually use a sulfate free moisturizing shampoo, whether I'm clarifying or not.  When I do shampoo (any time my hair feels like it needed 'shampooing' (as opposed to co-washing), I would dilute the shampoo.

In creating my 'clarifying shampoo' I added Apple Cider Vinegar and Tea Tree Oil.
*Stay tuned to learn all the benefits of these ingredients in upcoming posts!
...........................
If you're unsure when or why to Clarify your hair, check out this article which really breaks it down (it did for me!) and this article, that provides great info on clarifying in general.
...........................
Here's the recipe - or as close to the recipe (I don't measure.  However I guestimated (that's a word!) amounts, and after reviewing a couple recipes that include one or the other of these ingredients, I came up with the ratios)

NOTE: Ensure your ingredients are gathered from natural sources and their processing does not remove/eliminate their nutrients/vitamins/minerals that allow them to be beneficial to hair health. 
______________________________________________________________________________

This NATURAL Thing Invigorating Clarifying Shampoo

Makes 1 cup (1x use)

1/4 cup moisturizing sulfate free shampoo
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 drops tea tree oil 
3/4 cup filtered/distilled water
Empty Shampoo/Conditioner Bottle (or nozzled bottle)


Mix all ingredients together.
Pour all ingredients into your vessel of choice and shake to thoroughly mix.  
You would want to get the mix directly onto your scalp for proper cleansing.

When you try this recipe, I'd love to know your thoughts and results.
Let me know in the comments below!


~ Josie Jo ~

Do you have a DIY Clarifying Shampoo Recipe? 
Please Share: I do love learning new recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments, questions and feedback, as do the TNT community. They're are welcome and truly appreciated!