Monday 25 January 2016

Tea Tree Oil for Scalp Health - Super Hair Oil

I'm going to share with you a great essential oil that you may be aware of (and if you don't, I'm here to learn you) and the specific hair & scalp health benefits it holds (as it relates to the way I use it in my Hair Care).

In a recent post I indicated that I created a mixture used to clarify my hair during my shampoo process, hence I called it a Clarifying Shampoo. One of the ingredients in that 'clarifying shampoo' was Tea Tree Oil.

I'm sure you're aware of the health benefits of Tea Tree Oil, but I wanted to share some amazing Hair...and Scalp Health Benefits that you may not know.  Or maybe you do, especially with some brands have entire lines with Tea Tree oil as one of the main ingredients, it's even part of the product names (I'm looking at you Eden Body Works Peppermint Tea Tree).

There are obviously some great hair and scalp benefits of this essential oil.  But still read on anyways.

Tea Tree Oil

  • effective treatment of viral and bacterial infections
    leaves your hair protected against many forms of scalp irritants
  • anti-fungal and anti-bacterial elements

    help fight conditions that cause dandruff, dry scalp, dandruff, lice, 
  • clears the clogged pores
    clogged pores in many cases harbor organisms that slow down hair growth and  promote dandruff
  • unclogs and nourishes the hair follicles
    gives the hair a good environment to grow and become strong
  • scalp treatment
    for underactive sebaceous glands
These are the reasons I chose to include tea tree oil in my Clarifying Shampoo.  There are many many more hair & scalp, and skin benefits of tea tree oil.  You really can use it outside of your hair care.  

I shared the recipe to my DIY Invigorating Clarifying Shampoo a little while back.  If you missed it, you can click the link to check it out.

If you do try the recipe, comment below and let me know your thoughts and results!


~ Josie Jo ~

Have you included Tea Tree Oil in your Hair Care?
I'd love to learn how you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments, questions and feedback, as do the TNT community. They're are welcome and truly appreciated!