Saturday 5 March 2016

Eat & Move Series | February Review


The Eat & Moves Series continues, with another full month now over.  
Soon it's gonna be almost Summer!!

The first month was too easy! In hindsight I can look back and actually see that.  I thought it was a struggle, but really it wasn't. February however, now...there's a struggle. That was a challenge, that though I accepted, I wasn't successful at accomplishing.

But let me not get ahead of myself.  Let me take a step back.
Walk with me slowly...if you will, through this...

FEBRUARY GOAL

Basically, February's goal was to Eat More.  
Who would think that would be a problem??  I sure didn't.  First of all, I thought I ate all day to begin with...so all I had to do, I thought, was to pick out a few of my many meals and call them snacks.   WRONG!  
OBSTACLES/HURDLES
As it turns out, I don't eat nearly as much as I thought.  OR for that matter, as I should be!  
I'll break it down like  this...as I stated in Februray 2016 Goal
3 (healthy balanced) MEALS = HEALTHY BODY FUNCTIONS = WEIGHT MAINTAINED

Sure, I have "3 meals' each day, one first thing in the morning, another somewhere in the middle, and and a third later in the evening nearing nighttime.  But did these even meet the 'meal' criteria?  
Food Groups - Balanced Portions - Nutrition?  
I thought they did.  Unfortunately, I had to accept that they did not.   
And there I was, stuck.
How was I to add 'meals' when I wasn't even creating meals to begin with?  
I couldn't put the cart before the horse.

In addition to this revelation in my concept of a meal.  I spent 2 weeks of February on a trip.  February is already a short month. And so 2 weeks are a significant period of time to upset a schedule.  While I tried to maintain regular patterns while on my trip, the nature of the trip merely did not allow for same.  
I found myself having 'breakfast at 4am one day and 11am another, or having lunch at 3pm, and that would also be dinner.  
Needless to say it was a hectic period.  Not a complaint, I loved and enjoyed every minute of it.  But it was not conducive to the introduction and establishment of a new routine.  It was barely conducive to maintaining an long-standing existing one!

GOAL REVISION
I decided to revise my February Goal.  I had to set the foundation before building the house. 

REVISED FEBRUARY GOAL

Understand the components of a meal and build 3 square meals a day

GOAL MEASUREMENT | PROGRESS | SUCCESS
MEASUREMENT
SUGGESTED
RESULTS
DEVIATION
START
END
Balanced Meals per Day
3 (on Trip)
0
2
1
3 (off Trip)
0
3
0

My 2 week trip was at the beginning of February spanning 30 Jan - 15 Feb.  I realized early on that my set goal needed revision, and so took action to revise the goal after the first 5 days.  That left 10 days while on my trip to implement and assess.
After returning from my trip, I continued pursuit of the revised goal.  I also returned to a more regular schedule that was able to support the goal.

NOTES
The original February Goal will be incorporated with the March Goal.

> 3 (healthy balanced) MEALS = HEALTHY BODY FUNCTIONS + MUSCLE DEVELOPMENT/GROWTH = WEIGHT GAIN
Therefore, instead of maintaining and solidifying the Diet routine established in February while increasing Training, both will be increased in March.
The training side has not lost momentum, and I won't allow this minor hiccup to set back my progress (which would occur if I do not increase intake at this time).  If I don't advance the Diet element, it will not be wise to advance the Training element.  As such, to keep them both on stream, March will have 2 areas of focus - this was not mentioned in the March 2016 Goal preview, but will be covered in the March 2016 Review.

So! March GOALS

  1. Establish SNACKING as part of daily diet plan - 3 snacks in-between meals
  2. Create Workout SCHEDULE - Establish best times to train throughout week
Somehow, I think these complement each other more now.  The snacks would support the training schedule and I can determine what type of snacks best suit different routines (yoga, resistance, strength training) for greater performance and results.
But, I'll not count eggs in fowl bottom.

WOW! This was full of 'proverbs' & sayings...did you catch them all?  A little Trini lingo slipped in there (it was bound to happen sooner or later).


~ Josie Jo ~

How did you make out in February?  Any revisions? 
That short month always gets you doesn't it! AND it's a LEAP year...something's up with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments, questions and feedback, as do the TNT community. They're are welcome and truly appreciated!