Saturday 1 October 2016

Eat & Move Series | September Review

Eat & Move Series | September 2016 Review | Building and Increasing Strength through Strength Training
Stronger, than yesterday!!!

Hi there!
I'm coming to you today feeling good, feeling real good!  This month I nailed my goal! Nailed it!!!

Let me remind you of what the September mini goal was...
Eat & Move Series September Mini Goal Review | This NATURAL Thing
So, I'm stronger...than yesterday! I've been singing that everyday! Erryday! Trust me, you don't want to be around me, you haven't heard me sing🙉.  

This may have been my best month on the Eat & Move Series. I haven't come out of a month feeling so good about my level of accomplishment on a goal, this whole, entire series, until now.  I have found a sweet spot, and I just want to linger in it.  So much so that I have already started (today) another strength training program through my trusty app.  This time its 8 weeks long.  Yeh, this one is serious! Wait, what did I just do? What did I sign up for?  Maybe I should think about this some more...?  You know what, it's too late now.  I'm in it! 
I'm doing it! And it's going to be an amazing 8 weeks.  Yes.  Positivity.
When you complete workouts, I'd like to think the particularly harder ones, the app 'awards' you with these motivational posters⬆I love getting them
Recap
Through my chosen fitness app I opted for a Body Weight Only Program, 'designed to advance strength, lean muscle and mobility.  It was a mix of challenging bodyweight workouts focusing on building strength, endurance, and body control' (loosely quoted).  I didn't need weights, but could have used them for some exercises (which I didn't).  
The good thing about this specific program, and other programs on the app is that they are adaptive to your progress, you can include other activities and exercises you do outside of the app by adding them into your activities, which are taken into account in your profile.

So, how'd I do, how did I do...???
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GOAL MEASUREMENT | PROGRESS | SUCCESS
MEASUREMENT
Results of Benchmark tests
Initial - 9:35 mins 
Final - 8:54 

PROGRESS
There actually weren't bi-weekly benchmark tests.  However, some workout routines were repeated through the program.  And so I used my time on these to compare progress.
Workout: The Descent
Initial - 55:06 mins
Repeat - 51:26

SUCCESS
Yes SUCCESS!
0:39 mins is improvement and that is success
2:40 mins is also improvement, and that too is success

Overall:  SUCCESS!
.......................................................................................................................................................................................
I'll have you know, upon completing this first month of dedicated strength training, I do not resemble a body builder.  As a matter of fact, the average person can't even tell I've been strength training, heck, people who know me can't tell.  Firstly because I didn't use any weights. Had I used weights there may have been more of change in my body structure.  But maybe not even, because it was only one month.  Like "they" say "it takes 4 week for you to notice a change, 8 weeks for your friends, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world."  No, that's actually not why I signed myself up for 8 more weeks, But since it fits, we'll see, won't we!
4 Weeks Fitness Quote | This NATURAL Thing Eat & Move Series September Review
I have no idea where this quote or picture originated. Someone actually sent it to me years ago when I first embarked on a gym program, and it's stuck with me ever since.  So I"m sharing it with you.
This is also not the picture I received, that picture refused to format, but here it is if you would like to see it.
Before I continue on this tangent, I want to reiterate that the goal isn't physical appearance.  The goal is optimal health, through fitness (and diet).  The physical change is side effect, and a much appreciated and positive one. So I'll take it.
______________________________________________________________________________

Have you included Strength Training in your fitness practices?

~ Josie Jo ~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments, questions and feedback, as do the TNT community. They're are welcome and truly appreciated!