Thursday 16 February 2017

DIY Reclaim Your Skin Clay Mask | Beauty

Reclaim Your Skin | DIY Face Mask | This NATURAL ThingReclaim Your Skin | DIY Face Mask | This NATURAL Thing 
Who doesn't love a good face mask?  One that leaves your skin feeling fresh, smooth and radiant... 
I know I do!  And I'm sure you do too.  I whipped up one myself recently.

You may have caught in a recent post that I've been getting back to DIYing.  I'm not sure where or when I started moving away from such an essential part of my 'lifestyle', but it became undeniably noticeable that it was missing and needed to make a come back.  Also, I'm currently away from my home-away-from-home and so have none of the products I would typically rely on for hair, skin, face care etc.   I did manage to pack a couple staple ingredients, and with a well stocked pantry, DIYing was inevitable.

Today I'm sharing with you a face mask that will help you Reclaim Your Skin.  A couple weeks back in The No Make-Up 'Look' post,  I shared how my skin had launched a rebellion and so I'm presently in the midst of doing just that at the moment, reclaiming my skin.  Now, I've only used this mask twice, but hopefully it's quick and effective at helping me achieve that objective.  It only has 3 ingredients, and is super simple to throw together quickly with only 4 steps.

Reclaim Your Skin Clay Mask

2 Tbsp Bentonite Clay
3-4 Tsp Green Tea (more or less depending on desired consistency)
1 Tsp Honey
Tea Tree Oil or any essential oil of choice with related skin health benefits (optional)

Using only plastic or wooden utensils and containers
(i) Measure and add clay to container, followed by green tea
(ii) Mix thoroughly until fully combined
(iii) Add honey and incorporate well
(iv) Add a couple drops of essential oil if using
Your mask is now ready to use.  Cleanse and exfoliate your face, followed by 2-3 minutes of steaming, before applying mask.  Leave mask on for 5-7 minutes.  Do not allow to fully dry and harden on your face.  Rinse with lukewarm water.  Pat dry and follow with toner, moisturizer etc.  You don't have to follow exactly, but this is my at-home facial routine.

If you're not familiar with clays, and specifically Bentonite Clay, it is a healing clay with a host of benefits for both your hair and skin.  I've used it before in my hair care, and although the first experience left much to be desired, it's had a recurring role in my hair care since.  This is my first foray into use for skin care and I'm hoping to benefit from its ability to draw out toxins and impurities.  I used green tea known to improve skin health, heal blemishes, and reduce inflammation, it's also anti-aging, antibacterial and an antioxidant.  Honey was added for its antibacterial and moisturizing benefits which would counter the drying effects of the clay.  Lastly, I added tea tree oil (completely optional) because it is anti-inflammatory and kills acne-causing bacteria.


Do you have any DIY face masks you turn to when your skin just isn't cooperating?

~ Josie Jo ~

       

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments, questions and feedback, as do the TNT community. They're are welcome and truly appreciated!