Sunday 20 November 2016

Staying True to You on Your Natural Lifestyle Journey

If you're on a natural lifestyle journey you have probably questioned the use of things, and common practices in many areas of your normal and traditional life.  In addition to changes in the food you eat, the products you use and your actions are most likely slowly becoming a part of your journey.  You may have even encountered feelings of infringement on your expression of your personality by the choices you've been faced with thus far.  And right about now you're thinking, 'how does she know this?'.  I know I because I felt this way too, at the beginning.  And I'm here to tell you, you don't have to feel this way.  You made the choice and decision to follow and lead a natural lifestyle in order to improve and increase the value of your life through that lifestyle, not stifle it.  You can remain true to yourself and your personality throughout the journey.

A friend recently commented to me that she was "afraid I was turning into a hippee" in reference to my journey towards a natural lifestyle.  I have nothing against hippees, on one hand I took it as a complement; but she was making reference to my desire to use less commercial and trendy items and products, those that didn't bode with my idea of a natural lifestyle.  However, I don't view using less of these things as preventing me from being me however, and neither should you.  They should make you a better version of yourself.

Making these changes with things that change us on the inside is all well and good.  As I mentioned though, I have struggled with the natural lifestyle effects on the outside; how I present myself and in keeping true to my personality.  I needed and really wanted to make them work together, and knew there must be ways, be alternatives and options.  So of course, I turned to the interwebs; others must have already gone, or be going through this dilemma.  I was right!

What kind of person would I be if I didn't share what I found with you? Along with my own discoveries and experiences, bonus!

Welcome BEAUTY to This NATURAL Thing


Today I'm introducing another level of the journey to you. Tackling those areas in which you may feel you need to compromise, or are having difficulty in striking a medium/balance in living a natural lifestyle. And most importantly staying true to you and not stifling the outward presentation of yourself and your personality.

Now, I'm no beauty blogger, and you won't see beauty topics addressed here in the same way as elsewhere eg a beauty & style blog, unless we're talking hair, of course.  But I figured talking about things that come under outward appearances and the way we present ourselves, is pretty much summed up under Beauty.  So, that's what we'll talk about, from the perspective of how Beauty affects our Health on our Natural Journeys.  And from here on out, you'll find BEAUTY tucked nicely under LIFESTYLE in the menu bar.

Regardless of the life you choose to live and the choices you make, there is no need to sacrifice who you are and how you show yourself to the world.


What Beauty Topics do you have questions about and would like to see addressed?

~ Josie Jo ~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments, questions and feedback, as do the TNT community. They're are welcome and truly appreciated!