Wednesday 12 August 2015

Summer Ready Yoga

As summer approached I know many of us, self included, up'd our work out game.  Although I regularly work out, something about summer just snaps me into gear and the routines become more intense.  
Recently, I had been following more of a low intensity routine, built around my yoga practice🙏.  I follow a few 'yogis' on IG and also hold accounts with a couple Yoga Websites to keep my practice fresh.  And of course, I use YouTube, a lot!!! I mean, why pay for a service that is offered for free.  Literally everything is on YouTube, I'm sure if I wanted I could follow a Yoga Certification course on YouTube...but I may have to pay for an actual certificate📜.

Anywho, as I was saying, I up'd my routine as summer approached.  I signed up for a 21 Day Summer Challenge hosted by My Yoga Works in June.  It was really convenient as they sent daily email classes that I could click, watch and follow from anywhere.  It was also great that in each daily email, they provided 2 levels of classes for that day; Beginner and Intermediate/Advanced, so you could follow the level on your own comfort level.  At the beginning I attempted the Intermediate/Advanced classes, but that was short lived😥. I decided to follow the beginner level classes throughout the Challenge.  And while that may not sound challenging, as I regularly practice yoga, trust me it was!  

As a result, I successfully completed ALL 21 days of the challenge 🙌(albeit, not consecutive days, so it may or may not have taken me a full 30 days to complete the challenge, but that's neither here nor there).

In keeping with my continued journey of healthy living, I decided this month (August) to return to the 21 Day Summer Challenge and follow the Intermediate/Advanced level classes this time around.  It was sort of a lazy resolve instead of finding a new video each day... the daily emails were still sitting in my dedicated yoga challenge folder.  
💃I pumped myself up. 
🙋I decided I was ready. 
🙏I am an Intermediate Yogi. 
🙌I can do this practice.
...and I will complete this challenge!


I'm smack in the middle of the second week now, and I AM feeling it.  Here's a short clip from Day 12's practice.

(Music: The Night Is Still Young Instramental - Nicki Minaj [from YouTube])

When I did this class it was raining outside, and by the the end I felt as though I had done the practice outside in the rain!  #soaked!!

~ Josie Jo ~

Do you follow social media 'trainers', websites, blogs or opt-in to challenges?  
Please share I'm always interested in new options to add to my routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments, questions and feedback, as do the TNT community. They're are welcome and truly appreciated!