Wednesday 4 November 2015

Spicy Greens | Creating a Better Me - October Challenges Review

In October I undertook 2 challenges in line with my journey towards a Natural Lifestyle which I spoke about in my Green Smoothies & Spicy Yoga post last month.  I am so happy that I selected both these challenges as they were so complementary, and became seamlessly incorporated in my regular routine.

The Yoga challenge was hosted by 2 very inspirational yogis that I follow on Instagram and required daily posting towards generating a target number of posts to accumulate a charitable donation.  I also found the Green Smoothie challenge via Instagram, daily postings updates weren't required, but were fun to do.  So, I used Instagram as my medium of accountability for both.

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT

Thanks to @SimpleGreenSmoothies, I not only had my very first Green Smoothie, but also made it myself!! Admittedly, the first wasn't very appealing to look at, or exciting to taste.  But, I had accepted the challenge and so I wasn't going to let 1 green smoothie conquer me.  I continued to create my green smoothies following the recipes that were emailed weekly my the hosts.  The weekly email made it really easy to stick to the commitment, even while I was traveling, which by the way I did for the entire month of October.  Also having a few recipes at a time meant that I could choose which concoction I would brew that day, based on what I felt like, and what produce was available.

While I didn't have a (new) green smoothie everyday (recipes made 2 portions), I definitely had more green smoothies than I've ever had, and can say that I have noticed the impact of incorporating the green smoothies to my diet.  Although all things did not remain constant (for a true analysis) due to my travel, the effects of the change in climate, schedule and social influence, I am confident in saying, were counter balanced by the introduction to my diet.

WORK IT OUT

Yes, another yoga challenge.  It complemented my everyday routine, but allowed for a deepening of my practice, which is why I accepted the challenge at the time.  I regularly practice yoga and so I'm aware of this area of my journey in establishing and building a Natural Lifestyle.  It was neither the first challenge of its kind, nor the first with the hosts @beachyogagirl and @KinoYoga .  However, it was indeed a challenge that pushed me to explore different poses and push the boundaries I had set myself for my body.  I acknowledge that I sometimes allow myself to become comfortable on my mat, and return to the same poses in my practice.  It was good to achieve a higher level of expression in my practice.

As with any challenge I undertake, these have not ended here.  I chose these, and others in the past to introduce healthy habits to my lifestyle and to improve my journey.  I use the challenges are a way to establish specific habits, for continuity and long term benefits.  I continue now and will continue to have green smoothies in my regular diet, and hopefully work my way up to a daily green smoothie.  And of course, I will continue my yoga practice, and continue to push myself beyond the imaginary boundaries, in a safe method of practice.

These were 2 amazing challenges that were perfect for October which is usually a transition period making it perfect for introducing and incorporating new habits towards healthy routines.


Did you check out these challenges in October? Were you following along on Instagram?
@josi_alfa
Let me know in the comments below if you did, and if you completed the challenges and would be adopting them into your routines.

~ Josie Jo ~

Have you introduced any new habits to your Healthy & Natural Lifestyle?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy your comments, questions and feedback, as do the TNT community. They're are welcome and truly appreciated!